Military Schools India
There are 5 Military schools in India.
- Chail Military School, CHAIIL (Simla hills, H.P.)
- Ajmer Military School, AJMER (Rajas-than)
- Bangalore Military School, BANGALORE (Karnataka)
- Belgaum Military School, BELGAUM (Karnataka)
- Dholpur Military School, DHOLPUR (Rajas-than)
Military schools were formaly known as King George V.Royal Indian military colleges and later as King George Schools.These schools provide education to the sons of Defense service personnel and prepared them for careers in the Armed forces.In 1952, the Miltary schools were reorganised as residential public schools for boys.Their objectives were enlarged and admissions were thrown open to the sons of Defense service Officers and civilians also.These schools are member schools of Indian public schools conference.Each Military school is also an army unit of the statys of catagory 'A' Training establishment of Indian Army.
These schools have produced a large no. of service officers.There are many senior officers of the rank of Generals and Brigadiers who are the proud product of these schools.
The Aims of Military schools are :-
- to provide healthy,liberal and sound general education to boys between the age 10 to 20 years without religious inhibitions and prejusdices.
- to develop in them those qualities of mid,body and character which enables them to become useful and good citizen of India.
- to prepare them academically for all exams conducted by CBSE, New Delhi and UPSC.
- to fit them as leader in any walk of life.
The school motto is embodied in Sanskrit words "Shilam Parm Bhushanam" which means "character is the greatest virtue".
The schools are run by the ministry of defense,Government of Indian.They are catagory 'A' establishment of Indian Army,under the control of the Director General Military Training,Army headquarters,New Delhi.
- School Assembly
- Physical Training and Games
- NCC and Scouting
- Co-Corricular activities
- House system
- Medical and Health Care
- Computer Training
- Services like Washerman,Barbers,Cobblers,Gardeners and Carpenters
The schools have 300 boarders each plus 30 day schoolars spread over from class 6th to 12th. 67% of the boarders vacancies are reserved for the sons of serving and retired JCO's and officers of the Army and the equivalent ranks in the Navy and Air Force,10% seats goes to the service officers and the remaining 13% go to civilians.From all catagories of seats 15% are reserved for Scheduled castes and 7.5% for the Scheduled Tribes.
Click this link to see, How to get admission in Military Schools